The MRCS OSCE is an essential achievement for completion of core surgical training and is a mandatory element for progression to higher specialty training.
The MRCS OSCE exam is open to anyone who has passed the MRCS Parts 1 and 2 or Part A written exam.
You are allowed only four attempts to pass the MRCS OSCE exam, so it is important to be prepared. Our comprehensive OSCE preparation course, Associate in Training membership package and convenient examination locations have been developed to suit you as you work towards this major milestone in your career as a surgeon.
Supporting your success in the MRCS
Associate in Training Membership
Tailored to suit surgical trainees in core training, the early years of specialty training, or on an academic break who have yet to complete MRCS.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts on a range of educational events including surgical skills training and surgical symposia.
- Online, distance and onsite library resources
- Access to a range of scholarships and awards
- Reduced fees for those working less than full time or on maternity leave
A complete list of benefits along with information on how to apply is available here.
MRCS OSCE revision course
Our three-day prep course incorporates:
- two days of lectures
- interactive sessions in small groups and with patients
- a mock exam that replicates the OSCE stations of the real exam
- Feedback from senior clinicians to guide your exam preparation
Don’t miss out!
Candidates who apply to sit the MRCS OSCE exam with us receive a £250 on the revision course fee
Further details about our first class MRCS OSCE revision course, including dates and fees are available here.
MRCS OSCE examination
Our professionally run Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) incorporates 20 stations in five areas:
- Applied knowledge: Anatomy and surgical pathology
- Applied knowledge: Applied surgical science
- Applied knowledge: critical care
- Applied skills: Communication skills in giving and receiving information and history taking
- Applied skills: Clinical and procedural skills
Further details about the exam, including dates and fees are available here.